In 2019, the Board of 100 Women in Finance (100WF) recognised that the demographics of the industry had not changed in 20 years. In order to see any difference in the numbers there would need to be a concerted effort by 100WF in partnership with the industry to make this change happen.
100WF operates under a guiding vision, Vision 30/40 which is to see 30% representation of women in senior investment roles and executive committee positions by 2040.
In 2021 the numbers for both these business areas were drastically underrepresented at about ~10% (Bloomberg 2021). Our metrics for the Industry DEI award are therefore measured in line with organisations working toward achieving this vision.
The goal of this award is to encourage innovation and positive action in the area of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within different firms across the industry. We hope to work in collaboration with organisations sharing best practices and be a resource to help you achieve positive change.
Applications will be accepted from November 21 through January 31, 2023. Prior applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Eligible firms must be any of /or assets allocators/owners (LPs), asset managers (GPs), and advisory firms (asset consultants/advisors)
- Minimum of 50 employees
- Minimum of 30% of employees based in the region of the award you are applying for
- Must complete the company information
- Must complete quantitative data
- Qualitative questions in the application are recommended but not required to be completed if not relevant
- Consent that 100WF can publicly use positive examples of best practice DEI policies and initiatives cited in your application (you may choose for your company to appear anonymous)
Finalists will be announced prior to the relevant regional gala and are encouraged to have senior executives from the firm attend the Award Ceremony in person.
Things to note about this questionnaire
All information that is collected by 100WF will remain private and not be shared with any third parties, or anyone who is not on the selection committee. We use Submittable, a grant application platform to collect and compare data.
Antitrust competitor risk
Anything that is submitted in the application process is to be material that is already publicly available. All initiatives must be currently being executed. Anything that is in the planning stage is inadmissible.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
100WF is an organisation that is focused on the empowerment of women in financial services and initiatives serving this specific group will be seen favourably by the selection committee. However, we do also recognise the importance of initiatives that focus on other specific underrepresented groups and welcome you to include examples about initiatives you are working on to make your workplace more inclusive across the board.